Application of Vision inspection system based on Identification
Product and Part Identification
recognition encompass a range of machine vision applications that involve reading printed characters and decoding 1D or 2D symbols on products. For traceability of production parts, verification of product lots or grading of print codes, Dedicated software Identification tools are designed for accurate results in the toughest of manufacturing environments.
• Work in process inventory management--verify moving parts through a fabrication process
• support to critical part traceability
• Product verification--assure 1D or 2D code matches printed text
•Product identification and sorting
• Date and lot code authentication
• Code Verification--detect problems with the marking system for defensive maintenance
• 2D Matrix Codes
• 1D Barcodes
• Characters and Objects
2D Matrix Code Readers
2D matrix codes are extensively used across many industries for part traceability and process control. The codes are accepted for their small footprint, built-in error alteration and large data capacity.
2D matrix algorithms provide decoding and grading of popular codes including ECC, QR, MicroQR, and PDF 417.
Teledyne DALSA Machine Vision Capabilities and Tools
• High speed, low light, high resolution image capture
• Line scan cameras
• Area scan cameras
• Smart cameras
• Extended spectrum cameras
• X-ray detector panels
• High speed Frame grabbers for data acquisition,
• Pattern matching tools for locating and identifying parts or features for alignment
• Edge tools for detecting the presence, absence, or position of features
• Measurement tools for checking dimensional accuracy
• Barcode (1D and 2D) readers for product identification and tracking
• Print appreciation (OCR) tools for product identification, tracking, and readability
• Count tools for verifying the number of parts or features
• Surface flaw tools for detecting scratches, cracks, and discoloration
• Color tools for verifying the amount and location of colored elements.